20.9.10

Welcome

Welcome to Odds and Endpins! My name is Fiona and I am a very experienced 'Cello Teacher based in South Devon, England. In my career as a music teacher I have created teaching aids and other inventions for music students of all ages and disciplines.

In my role as a 'cello teacher I have over 30 years experience. I have worked in both County and Private schools, trained Youth Orchestra 'cello sections, coached string groups and taught privately, with age ranges from 4 to 72.


I developed Beat-blox to assist my students in reading printed music and I have used them extensively for the past 17 years. This method of teaching has been of great interest to the British Dyslexia Association, who invited me to speak at their conference in 2010. I have also given talks on the Beat-blox at Associated Board Teachers courses.

I have also created Pinstoppas: Handmade spike rests for young 'cellists. You can read more about Pinstoppas by clicking here

You can find all my inventions for sale in my Etsy store Odds & Endpins



Odds and Endpins, Pinstoppas and Beat-blox are all registered copyright to Fiona Greaves © 1993-2010 My photographs may not be used without my express permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment